The Problem With Second Hand Beds
- Explained -
Let us guess, you've come across a second hand bed on TradeMe/FB Marketplace and it looks like a steal. Stop right there! We see students fall into this trap all the time. Before purchasing a second hand bed, ask yourself these few questions (or watch the video above and let us explain);
- Do you have a car & trailer available to pick up the bed?
- IS IT COMFORTABLE?!?!
- Do you want to be sleeping in a bed that's been slept on (also f*cked & vomited on) by 10+ students before you?
- Will it fit up the stairs in your new flat?
- If you're organising one in Oct/Nov (i.e. buying one off a grad student), do you have somewhere to store it over summer? NOTE: Landlords won’t allow you to store anything in next years flat until your tenancy lease begins (which is generally the 1st January).
- Do you actually want to go through this admin? All for what? A dusty second hand bed...